Caring for Your Atlanta Lawn in Freezing Temperatures
Your Atlanta lawn is a living organism, and just like all living things, it goes through cycles. Low winter temperatures ranging down below freezing require a new lawn care routine. Check out some tips for Atlanta lawn care during the winter:
- Don’t Mow – Don’t mow your lawn after the first frost. During freezing temperatures, grass becomes dormant. Cutting dormant grass will traumatize and damage your lawn.
- Mulch Early – Adding a thin layer of mulch before it’s too cold is a great way to help protect your lawn. The mulch helps to trap heat during the cold winter months.
- Be gentle – Your lawn is extra delicate during periods of dormancy. Try to avoid walking on it, and be sure to have your kids, pets, and other members of the household walk on designated walkways whenever possible. Make sure your walkways are clear to help encourage traffic from not stepping on your lawn.
- Check your drainage – The danger of snow and ice isn’t just freezing. Even after ice has melted, that moisture can stay behind and create waterlogged conditions that foster disease and pests.
- Keep an eye out for invaders – Weeds are notoriously hardy. In many cases, weeds are hardier than your grass, so freezing conditions can allow opportunistic weeds to gain ground in your Atlanta lawn while your grass is unable to compete
Good luck with your winter lawn, and be sure to contact us at 770-923-0387 for all of your commercial and residential Atlanta lawn care services needs this spring. And don’t forget to check out our specials!
About Simply Green Lawn Care
Simply Green aims to provide the highest quality lawn care, mosquito control, and lawn pest control services to Georgia residents.
We are locally owned and operated which allows us to be accessible, attentive, and responsive for customers in Georgia.
Our well-trained team is easy to work with and determined to exceed expectations.
All our plant health care specialists are Georgia Department of Agriculture Certified and maintain their Category 24 applicators license.
Hello, I didn't catch my service techs name today, but wanted to let you know what a great job he did today, please pass this along. His service was wonderful and he was very polite, I truly appreciate it. Keep up the good work! And thank you!
I have been with these guys for one whole season. 99.9% of the weeds are gone. The grass has never been so green. They have lived up to their name.
My lawn looks awesome and I have had neighbors walking their dogs tell me the same! Thanks Simply Green!
Simply Green always does an excellent job and are very customer oriented. The technicians are more knowledgeable than those of other companies I have tried.
Please let your staff that serviced my lawn aeration and fertilization yesterday know that they did an EXCELLENT JOB! My lawn is doing better than it ever has. And because of them and the rest of the techs that come out to my house, I'll remain a loyal customer of Simply Green. Great job!
I just had another comment this morning on how good our fescue lawn looks, which happens several times a week. I walked out in our back yard this AM and couldn't believe it was the same yard as what I dealt with last year. We have a good lawn maintenance crew that takes care of mowing and edging, and we have a good company that takes care of weeding, feeding, and shrubbery & trees. I enjoy telling friends and neighbors about your service. Thank you and keep up the good work!
Happened to be home and Ben was treating the yard. He took meticulous care in the treatment. Please convey my thanks to him.