Core Aeration starts now! Get ready for Fall!
Guess what? It’s time to get ready for the fall season! Breathe new life into your lawn’s roots with Core Aeration and the best time is now! We have put together a few help pointers on why, how and when you need to get started on kick-starting your lawncare maintenance. If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to connect with us!
Why does my lawn need core aeration?
- Compacted Georgia clay soils impede the movement of air, water and nutrients to the grass roots.
- Roots require oxygen to grow and to absorb nutrients and water.
- When compacted, soil contributes to the accumulation of thatch because restricted oxygen levels impair the activity of earthworms and other thatch-decomposing organisms.
- Thatch accumulates faster on compacted soils and heavy clay soils than on well aerified soils.
- When thatch depth exceeds 1/2” it becomes a problem, reducing water movement and encouraging shallow, weak root systems. Thick thatch also can become a home for insects and disease.
- Many people complain about moss growing in their lawns in Atlanta. Lawns that drain poorly due to soil compaction are displaying a “Moss Welcome” sign.
How core aeration strengthens your lawn:
How does core aeration work?
- Core aeration involves the removal of small soil plugs or cores out of the lawn. Known as a core aerator, the machine extracts 1/2 to 3/4 inch diameter cores of soil and deposits them on your lawn. Aeration holes are typically 1-3 inches deep and 2-6 inches apart.
- Core aeration is a recommended yearly lawn care practice to control thatch buildup, especially on compacted, heavily used turf.How will my lawn benefit from core aeration?
- Compacted soil will be loosened, increasing the availability of water and nutrients.
- Oxygen levels in the soil will be enhanced, stimulating root growth and enhancing the activity of thatch-decomposing organisms.
- Your lawn’s drought tolerance and overall health will be improved.
- Your turf will produce new shoots and roots that “fill up” the holes from core aeration, increasing its density.
When is the best time to core aerate?
- The best time to aerate your warm-season lawn (Bermuda, Zoysia, Centipede, St. Augustine) is spring and early summer.
- The best time to aerate your Tall Fescue lawn is in the fall, in conjunction with fall reseeding.
It’s never too soon (or too late) to start improving the health and appearance of your lawn. At Simply Green Lawn Care Plus, we professionally core aerate your lawn in metro Atlanta using the most advanced equipment and best-qualified personnel.
Click here to request a FREE estimate. Also, be sure to follow along on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter!
About Simply Green Lawn Care
Simply Green aims to provide the highest quality lawn care, mosquito control, and lawn pest control services to Georgia residents.
We are locally owned and operated which allows us to be accessible, attentive, and responsive for customers in Georgia.
Our well-trained team is easy to work with and determined to exceed expectations.
All our plant health care specialists are Georgia Department of Agriculture Certified and maintain their Category 24 applicators license.
Hello, I didn't catch my service techs name today, but wanted to let you know what a great job he did today, please pass this along. His service was wonderful and he was very polite, I truly appreciate it. Keep up the good work! And thank you!
I have been with these guys for one whole season. 99.9% of the weeds are gone. The grass has never been so green. They have lived up to their name.
My lawn looks awesome and I have had neighbors walking their dogs tell me the same! Thanks Simply Green!
Simply Green always does an excellent job and are very customer oriented. The technicians are more knowledgeable than those of other companies I have tried.
Please let your staff that serviced my lawn aeration and fertilization yesterday know that they did an EXCELLENT JOB! My lawn is doing better than it ever has. And because of them and the rest of the techs that come out to my house, I'll remain a loyal customer of Simply Green. Great job!
I just had another comment this morning on how good our fescue lawn looks, which happens several times a week. I walked out in our back yard this AM and couldn't believe it was the same yard as what I dealt with last year. We have a good lawn maintenance crew that takes care of mowing and edging, and we have a good company that takes care of weeding, feeding, and shrubbery & trees. I enjoy telling friends and neighbors about your service. Thank you and keep up the good work!
Happened to be home and Ben was treating the yard. He took meticulous care in the treatment. Please convey my thanks to him.