Don’t Let Mosquitoes Suck the Fun Out of Your Backyard!
Everyone knows that mosquitoes suck… And they’ll suck the fun right out of your backyard if you let them! Fortunately, we can help you take back your territory and enjoy your beautiful lawn once again with our Atlanta mosquito control service.
Metro Atlanta Mosquito Control Treatment
Sure, mosquito bites are annoying, but they’re just part of summer in Georgia, right? Think again! Red, itchy bites aren’t the only hazard posed by mosquitoes. They can also carry dangerous diseases like dengue fever, zika, malaria, chikungunya, and even encephalitis. Talk about a party killer. That’s why reducing mosquitoes around your home is so important. Keep reading to learn how you can keep these party crashers from ruining your next backyard barbecue, playtime with your kids, or game of fetch with your furry friend.
Mosquito Control Tips
The key to mosquito control is prevention, so you’ll need to eliminate any standing water that could be an inviting breeding ground for mosquitoes to lay their eggs.
- Keep your gutters clean.
- Address perpetually swampy areas of your landscaping with additional drainage if possible.
- If you have bird baths, change the water at least once per week.
- Any standing water—in rain barrels, planters, flower pots, toys, etc.—can become a mosquito nursery, so make sure to keep them covered, overturned, or drill drainage holes to ensure that the water is able to drain.
- Keep an eye out for leaky sprinklers, hoses, and faucets. These are common culprits that can create puddles of stagnant water, not to mention the monetary and environmental cost of wasting water.
- Call us for mosquito control treatment.
How Our Mosquito Control Treatment Works
Mosquito control has to address both adult mosquitoes and mosquito larvae in order to be effective, which is why our mosquito treatments include two products.
- One is a synthetic version of Pyrethrum, the insecticidal extract of Chrysanthemum flowers, which kills adult mosquitoes almost instantly on contact.
- The other is Bti, or Bacillus thuringiensis israelensis, which kills the mosquito larvae before they hatch. This naturally-occurring bacterium can be found in soil, and only kills mosquito, black fly, and fungus gnat larvae, making it a pollinator-friendly mosquito treatment.
If environmental or safety concerns have held you back from getting your yard treated for mosquitoes in the past, you can rest easy knowing that we only use EPA-registered products that are safe for kids and pets. You don’t have to choose between keeping your family safe from mosquitoes and protecting the honeybees, butterflies, and other beneficial insects that are so crucial to our ecosystem.
Are you ready to reclaim your backyard and enjoy time outside with your family, friends, and pets? Give us a call at 770-923-0387 or request a free estimate online.
About Simply Green Lawn Care
Simply Green aims to provide the highest quality lawn care, mosquito control, and lawn pest control services to Georgia residents.
We are locally owned and operated which allows us to be accessible, attentive, and responsive for customers in Georgia.
Our well-trained team is easy to work with and determined to exceed expectations.
All our plant health care specialists are Georgia Department of Agriculture Certified and maintain their Category 24 applicators license.
Hello, I didn't catch my service techs name today, but wanted to let you know what a great job he did today, please pass this along. His service was wonderful and he was very polite, I truly appreciate it. Keep up the good work! And thank you!
I have been with these guys for one whole season. 99.9% of the weeds are gone. The grass has never been so green. They have lived up to their name.
My lawn looks awesome and I have had neighbors walking their dogs tell me the same! Thanks Simply Green!
Simply Green always does an excellent job and are very customer oriented. The technicians are more knowledgeable than those of other companies I have tried.
Please let your staff that serviced my lawn aeration and fertilization yesterday know that they did an EXCELLENT JOB! My lawn is doing better than it ever has. And because of them and the rest of the techs that come out to my house, I'll remain a loyal customer of Simply Green. Great job!
I just had another comment this morning on how good our fescue lawn looks, which happens several times a week. I walked out in our back yard this AM and couldn't believe it was the same yard as what I dealt with last year. We have a good lawn maintenance crew that takes care of mowing and edging, and we have a good company that takes care of weeding, feeding, and shrubbery & trees. I enjoy telling friends and neighbors about your service. Thank you and keep up the good work!
Happened to be home and Ben was treating the yard. He took meticulous care in the treatment. Please convey my thanks to him.