Georgia’s Most (Un)Wanted: Common Lawn Weeds
If you’ve worked hard to create a beautifully lush lawn, you know how frustrating it can be when weeds crop up. Read on to learn the most common Georgia weeds (and how to get rid of them) from our team at Simply Green Lawn Care.
The Most Common Lawn Weeds Around Atlanta
- Clover – Clover is pretty cute for a weed, but unfortunately it can wreak havoc on your lawn! This weed grows in patches that can take over your yard before you know it. Be careful not to contaminate your grass clippings with it, as this can allow the clover to spread.
- Dandelions – Another contender for cutest weed, dandelions can nevertheless be an annoying lawn pest. Blowing the wispy seeds off a dandelion is a hallmark of childhood in Georgia, but unfortunately the same thing that makes them irresistible to kids also makes them adept at spreading throughout your lawn.
- Bluegrass – Bluegrass infestations are particularly insidious because the weed is perennial (meaning it grows at all times of the year) and the prominent seed structure of the weed means that it re-seeds itself.
- Yellow Nutsedge – At first, yellow nutsedge isn’t that noticeable in your lawn, appearing much like a grass. However, once it’s established, you’ll see that this weed grows unsightly yellow or brown seed heads. Yellow nutsedge is able to reproduce by seeds, creeping rhizomes, and tubers, making it a very effective invasive plant.
- Crab Grass – No list of Georgia weeds is complete without crab grass. This lawn weed is ugly and tenacious, even managing to grow in cracks in your driveway or walkway, between bricks, and wherever else it can find footing.
The best way to fight weeds is through expert weed control and fertilization. At Simply Green Lawn Care, we offer Atlanta lawn care services designed to prevent weeds through application of pre-emergent and post-emergent herbicides. We also make sure your grass stays healthy (which is an important weed control element in its own right) by applying fertilizer, lime, etc. as needed throughout the year. Ready to weed out the invaders in your lawn? Schedule your Atlanta lawncare estimate with us today!
About Simply Green Lawn Care
Simply Green aims to provide the highest quality lawn care, mosquito control, and lawn pest control services to Georgia residents.
We are locally owned and operated which allows us to be accessible, attentive, and responsive for customers in Georgia.
Our well-trained team is easy to work with and determined to exceed expectations.
All our plant health care specialists are Georgia Department of Agriculture Certified and maintain their Category 24 applicators license.
Hello, I didn't catch my service techs name today, but wanted to let you know what a great job he did today, please pass this along. His service was wonderful and he was very polite, I truly appreciate it. Keep up the good work! And thank you!
I have been with these guys for one whole season. 99.9% of the weeds are gone. The grass has never been so green. They have lived up to their name.
My lawn looks awesome and I have had neighbors walking their dogs tell me the same! Thanks Simply Green!
Simply Green always does an excellent job and are very customer oriented. The technicians are more knowledgeable than those of other companies I have tried.
Please let your staff that serviced my lawn aeration and fertilization yesterday know that they did an EXCELLENT JOB! My lawn is doing better than it ever has. And because of them and the rest of the techs that come out to my house, I'll remain a loyal customer of Simply Green. Great job!
I just had another comment this morning on how good our fescue lawn looks, which happens several times a week. I walked out in our back yard this AM and couldn't believe it was the same yard as what I dealt with last year. We have a good lawn maintenance crew that takes care of mowing and edging, and we have a good company that takes care of weeding, feeding, and shrubbery & trees. I enjoy telling friends and neighbors about your service. Thank you and keep up the good work!
Happened to be home and Ben was treating the yard. He took meticulous care in the treatment. Please convey my thanks to him.