How to Prepare Your Lawn for Spring
Punxsutawney Phil has decreed an early spring, so it’s time to get your Atlanta lawn ready! The flowering trees are already putting on their spring show and we’re noticing the first dusting of pollen, so check out these spring lawn tips to prepare your Atlanta lawn care plan for the growing season here in Georgia.
- Remove Debris – Start your spring yard prep by getting rid of winter debris. An accumulation of fallen limbs, dead leaves, and yard waste can attract pests, foster fungi growth, and keep your grass from getting enough sun.
- Core Aeration – Aeration is important for a number of reasons. Not only does it allow airflow to your lawn’s roots, but it also reduces soil compaction.
- Reseed – This one is simple. If there are any thin or damaged areas of your lawn, you’ll probably need to reseed. When seeding, make sure to select the right grass for your lawn.
- Fertilize – Depending on your lawn’s soil composition and overall health, fertilization might be needed.
- Prune – Prune trees and shrubs that are choking out your lawn. If areas of your lawn are in constant shadow, the offending plants may need to be pruned back.
- Get Help from the Professionals – If you want to make sure your lawn gets the very best care, then contact the professionals!
Looking for an Atlanta lawn care company to take these chores off your to-do list? Simply Green is here to help with Atlanta landscaping and lawn care services to help you cultivate a beautiful, healthy yard – and give you back the time and energy to enjoy it!
About Simply Green Lawn Care
Simply Green aims to provide the highest quality lawn care, mosquito control, and lawn pest control services to Georgia residents.
We are locally owned and operated which allows us to be accessible, attentive, and responsive for customers in Georgia.
Our well-trained team is easy to work with and determined to exceed expectations.
All our plant health care specialists are Georgia Department of Agriculture Certified and maintain their Category 24 applicators license.
Hello, I didn't catch my service techs name today, but wanted to let you know what a great job he did today, please pass this along. His service was wonderful and he was very polite, I truly appreciate it. Keep up the good work! And thank you!
I have been with these guys for one whole season. 99.9% of the weeds are gone. The grass has never been so green. They have lived up to their name.
My lawn looks awesome and I have had neighbors walking their dogs tell me the same! Thanks Simply Green!
Simply Green always does an excellent job and are very customer oriented. The technicians are more knowledgeable than those of other companies I have tried.
Please let your staff that serviced my lawn aeration and fertilization yesterday know that they did an EXCELLENT JOB! My lawn is doing better than it ever has. And because of them and the rest of the techs that come out to my house, I'll remain a loyal customer of Simply Green. Great job!
I just had another comment this morning on how good our fescue lawn looks, which happens several times a week. I walked out in our back yard this AM and couldn't believe it was the same yard as what I dealt with last year. We have a good lawn maintenance crew that takes care of mowing and edging, and we have a good company that takes care of weeding, feeding, and shrubbery & trees. I enjoy telling friends and neighbors about your service. Thank you and keep up the good work!
Happened to be home and Ben was treating the yard. He took meticulous care in the treatment. Please convey my thanks to him.