Lawn Care Tips for Autumn
Fall is here! That means beautiful leaves, cooling weather, fun Halloween events, and fall lawn care. That’s right–fall is a great time to start preparing your lawn for the coming year. With the right tactics now, you’ll be looking at a gorgeous yard come the spring. Check out these fall lawn care tips from Simply Green Lawn Care in metro Atlanta.
- Rake! Always rake up leaves! Left unchecked, leaves will pile up into a wet, moldy mess, breeding fungus and disease and suffocating your grass. Rather than burning leaves, which can aggravate asthma and other respiratory issues, consider alternatives.
- Mow and Water as Usual. You may want to gradually lower the blade setting as the season progresses, but in general you should continue to mow and water as needed through the fall.
- Aerate. Make it easier for water, nutrients, and sunlight to penetrate the soil with core aeration services from Simply Green.
- Fertilize. If you’re only going to fertilize once, fall is the time to do it. Your grass’ roots will continue to grow in the winter, while the leaves will slow down, and so the roots will reap most of the benefits of fertilizing now, leading to a strong root system.
- Deal with Weeds. Check out our recent blog post on weed control, and don’t let weeds grow like crazy all winter!
With a little attention before the weather cools down, you’ll be able to enjoy a beautiful, lush lawn when it warms up again. Call Simply Green Lawn Care for all your metro Atlanta lawn care needs!
About Simply Green Lawn Care
Simply Green aims to provide the highest quality lawn care, mosquito control, and lawn pest control services to Georgia residents.
We are locally owned and operated which allows us to be accessible, attentive, and responsive for customers in Georgia.
Our well-trained team is easy to work with and determined to exceed expectations.
All our plant health care specialists are Georgia Department of Agriculture Certified and maintain their Category 24 applicators license.
Hello, I didn't catch my service techs name today, but wanted to let you know what a great job he did today, please pass this along. His service was wonderful and he was very polite, I truly appreciate it. Keep up the good work! And thank you!
I have been with these guys for one whole season. 99.9% of the weeds are gone. The grass has never been so green. They have lived up to their name.
My lawn looks awesome and I have had neighbors walking their dogs tell me the same! Thanks Simply Green!
Simply Green always does an excellent job and are very customer oriented. The technicians are more knowledgeable than those of other companies I have tried.
Please let your staff that serviced my lawn aeration and fertilization yesterday know that they did an EXCELLENT JOB! My lawn is doing better than it ever has. And because of them and the rest of the techs that come out to my house, I'll remain a loyal customer of Simply Green. Great job!
I just had another comment this morning on how good our fescue lawn looks, which happens several times a week. I walked out in our back yard this AM and couldn't believe it was the same yard as what I dealt with last year. We have a good lawn maintenance crew that takes care of mowing and edging, and we have a good company that takes care of weeding, feeding, and shrubbery & trees. I enjoy telling friends and neighbors about your service. Thank you and keep up the good work!
Happened to be home and Ben was treating the yard. He took meticulous care in the treatment. Please convey my thanks to him.