Start Planning for Fall Now – Yes, You’re Reading this Right
With the unbearable heat outside and our air-conditioning units working overtime, it’s difficult to even consider the fact that fall will officially start in less than 2 months. This is the perfect time to start preparing and planning for the fall weather to come. Make sure your lawn is ready for the change of season with these tips from Simply Green Lawn Care in Lilburn, GA.
- Aerate Your Fescue Lawn – Aerating now will make it so that water, and fertilizer can easily reach the grass’s roots. Taking action now will make your future Fescue lawn healthier and more vibrant.
- Reseeding – The hot Georgia summers really take its tole on our turf. This means thatFescue lawns require reseeding.
- Rake the Leaves – This is one of the most important aspects of keeping your turf healthy in the cooler months. Your lawn need nutrients from the sun to thrive, but if it is covered by a dense layer of wet leaves it is more susceptible to turf diseases.
- Weed Control – Now is the time to apply a winter pre-emergence to your warm season turf (Bermuda and Zoysia) to help prevent Poa-annua and other winter weeds. Get on top of the weeds now, and it wont prove to be as big of an issue later.
- Do not apply weed control for the next 2 months to Fescue . Most herbicides will damage new fescue seedlings. Wait until late November or early December to use a selective herbicide to target treat any broadleaf weeds you may have in your lawn. Be sure to read and follow the label!
- Great Time to Fertilize – When you fertilize in the fall, you fertilize for the future. This is a great time of year to prepare your yard for a successful growing season.
- For Fescue, apply a starter fertilizer and correct low soil pH.
- For warm season turf (Bermuda and Zoysia), help your lawn prepare for the colder months by applying a potassium fertilizer for the roots .
- Mow Low -Before you re-seed mow your Fescue lawn short about 2”, remove clippings and leaves. This will help ensure your seed reaches the soil. Once you reseed do not mow your Fescue lawn for 2-3 weeks. Allow the seedling to develop roots so when you do mow your mower does not pull up the need seedlings. Best mowing height is 3” to 3.5” for the winter.
- Allow your warm season lawn (Bermuda and Zoysia) to go dormant with a mowing height of 1.5” to 2” .
About Simply Green Lawn Care
Simply Green aims to provide the highest quality lawn care, mosquito control, and lawn pest control services to Georgia residents.
We are locally owned and operated which allows us to be accessible, attentive, and responsive for customers in Georgia.
Our well-trained team is easy to work with and determined to exceed expectations.
All our plant health care specialists are Georgia Department of Agriculture Certified and maintain their Category 24 applicators license.
Hello, I didn't catch my service techs name today, but wanted to let you know what a great job he did today, please pass this along. His service was wonderful and he was very polite, I truly appreciate it. Keep up the good work! And thank you!
I have been with these guys for one whole season. 99.9% of the weeds are gone. The grass has never been so green. They have lived up to their name.
My lawn looks awesome and I have had neighbors walking their dogs tell me the same! Thanks Simply Green!
Simply Green always does an excellent job and are very customer oriented. The technicians are more knowledgeable than those of other companies I have tried.
Please let your staff that serviced my lawn aeration and fertilization yesterday know that they did an EXCELLENT JOB! My lawn is doing better than it ever has. And because of them and the rest of the techs that come out to my house, I'll remain a loyal customer of Simply Green. Great job!
I just had another comment this morning on how good our fescue lawn looks, which happens several times a week. I walked out in our back yard this AM and couldn't believe it was the same yard as what I dealt with last year. We have a good lawn maintenance crew that takes care of mowing and edging, and we have a good company that takes care of weeding, feeding, and shrubbery & trees. I enjoy telling friends and neighbors about your service. Thank you and keep up the good work!
Happened to be home and Ben was treating the yard. He took meticulous care in the treatment. Please convey my thanks to him.